Today, we welcome Peter and Alex Spalding – brothers and co-founders of Daniel House Club, a to-the-trade purchasing platform for interior design professionals. In this episode, we speak to Peter and Alex about the development of their own design firm, the challenges they experienced, and their response to the most common pain point in the business of design – profit margin. They uncover the hidden discount layer that is typically unavailable to interior designers, and they break down their business model and how it supports the purchasing volume and vendor relationships necessary to extend their buying power and better profit margins to the design community.
Their advice on how to shop like a designer and increase profitability is invaluable. So tune in and get ready to be inspired by Peter and Alex Spalding’s story and the remarkable Daniel House Club.
- The need for designers to focus on widening their profit margins and the challenges of receiving, inspecting, and installing orders.
- The Daniel House Club platform, including the benefits of different membership tiers and the simplification of the return policy.
- How to shop like a designer and tips on boosting profitability were highlighted.
- Creating systems for business, developing a product database, and finding the balance between profitability and creativity.
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Website – www.danielhouse.club/designbiz
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/danielhouse.club/
Register for Design Biz Retreat: https://designbizsurvivalguide.com/design-biz-retreat/