Today we welcome Jessica Jones of Jess Jones Design Group, a full-service interior design studio based in Orange County, California. In this episode, Jessica shares how ten years under the wing of an established designer prepared her for her own entrepreneurial journey in the business of design. Jess shares the self-discovery process she experienced while developing and refining her business model, and we also discuss her leadership role with ASID and the impact that the experience had on her life and business.
In this episode, Jess shares the challenges and rewards of launching her own design business. Discover the leadership skills she had to develop, the processes she learned, and the relationships she built along the way.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from a seasoned industry professional!
- The importance of having structure and boundaries when working from home.
- Jones’ leadership experience in the ASID Orange County chapter and its impact on her personal and professional growth.
- Emphasizing the importance of a supportive design community and the value of collaboration over competition.
- Managing client expectations, handling mistakes, and redefining success on your own terms.
- Insights on design retreats and their role in Jones’ personal and professional growth.
- The significance of building relationships with clients, colleagues, and industry representatives.
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Website – https://www.jessjonesdesigngroup.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/jessjonesdesigngroup/
Register for Design Biz Retreat: https://designbizsurvivalguide.com/design-biz-retreat/
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com.