Join us as we journey with Gideon Mendelson, founder, and creative director of the Mendelson Group, as he reflects on his two-decade-long journey in the interior design industry. With experiences ranging from team development and client experience to marketing and striking a work-life balance, Gideon shares his insights into how the industry has evolved and the factors behind the success of his full-service interior design firm.
The importance of success in design and relationships is also highlighted as Gideon reflects on the lessons he has learned. Hear about his journey from having a mother who was an interior designer to founding the Mendelson Group. Understand the significance of being comfortable saying no, the shift of his definition of success from a focus on beautiful design to the experience of family in a home and the satisfaction of his clients.
Lastly, Gideon shares the impact of having a team of career-minded associates and how this has refined his process to achieve a balance between work and life. Don’t miss this opportunity to get invaluable insights from a veteran in the industry.
- Gideon’s journey in the design industry and how he has shaped it through innovation and client experience.
- The importance of team development and work-life balance in the design industry.
- the evolution of the design business and the shift from traditional marketing to digital marketing.
- Gideon’s innovative approach to business, including the creation of a Director of Client Services role.
- What success means in the design world, with Gideon emphasizing the experience of family living in a home and client satisfaction.
- How being comfortable with saying ‘no’ has been crucial for his business.
- How having a team of career-minded associates has helped balance work and life and refined his business processes.
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Website – https://www.mendelsongroupinc.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/gideonmendelson/
Register for Design Biz Retreat: https://designbizsurvivalguide.com/design-biz-retreat/