Today, we welcome Kate Lester, owner of KL Interiors and Kate Lester Home in southern California, to the podcast.
In this episode, Kate keeps it super real and shares her design journey and the many realizations she had along the way. From the moment she committed to a career in design, she also committed to creating a profitable and effective business model. Kate shares her top tips for setting a budget and expectations with clients, defining and owning your business model, and the impact that your processes and procedures have on the client experience and your ability to sell with confidence.
- Kate’s top tips on handling the business side of design
- Why you should use software specifically created for designers
- The importance of standing by your business model
- Know how much your services cost and charge accordingly
- The importance of team meetings and setting expectations
- Kate’s secret to design and what has kept her going
- What Kate wishes she knew when she first started that she knows now
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Design Biz Survival Guide is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!